Monday, April 25, 2011

April #5

Family Get-Togethers -  I love my family...immediate AND extended... by blood and by proxy.  And I love getting together with the brood in any shape, form, or fashion.  April brings the traditional Easter celebration, of course, with whomever can make it.  This year, it's Erwin kids, minus Will (in cap & gown).   Boo!

(This photo is about 3 years old but is one of the few I have of my kids together.)

It also brings the annual Stringer pilgrimage to Aunt Mary's.  They come from far and wide:  Garland, Lewisville, Canton, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Corsicana, and Winnsboro, to taste good home cooking (or Uncle Tommy's grilling) and get some family loving.

Aunt Mary and Jeff

The Stringer clan is an interesting group.  Teachers and professors, bankers and accountants, lawyers and criminals (not really. just sounded good.),  kids and grown-up kids.  They all have different missions in this world, but they share one common goal:  loving each other... and really anyone that gets in their way!

Aunt Cheryl, Mason, and Uncle Tommy S.

The Brain Trust:  Bob, Jeff, Philip, and Tommy J.

CEO:  Tommy Jones
Julia and Chaney: Who needs baskets when you can get a wagon!

3 Peas in a Pod:  Me, Cheryl, Mary

I wish we could find more time to do more of this get-together stuff. Maybe someday...

Kisses from Julia until then!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these pictures. I was so sorry to miss being with everyone. Hope you guys had a happy Easter. Love-

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Regarding April's #4: It doesn't make you a traitor to read books on a Kindle. Reading at the breakfast table is much easier when you don't have to use the salt shaker to hold down the pages...

    ReplyDelete