I think it's time for me to introduce you to my hubby. He's the main reason I have the amazingly exciting and weird life that I do. You may already know him. Most people in the continental United States do. Everywhere we go, he runs into someone who knows him or OF him. I've always assumed this was a good thing, since I never saw his picture hanging in the post office with MOST WANTED as the caption.
Everyone calls him Coach, even my three kids... his Bonus Kids, as he calls them. Coaching and teaching history has been his passion for the past 30+ years, leading players to playoffs in almost every sport, from boys' football, basketball, and baseball to girls' volleyball and softball. Most of that time was spent right here in this sleepy little East Texas community. More than the coaching, though, is the influence he has had on so many young men and women. Setting the example of quiet integrity. Helping them to see the person they could be. Challenging them to become that person. I love this about him.
This is my favorite picture of Coach. It was taken in Duncanville, I think, during a baseball playoff game. Quite handsome, don't you agree? Who knew that he would be my partner in dance, travel, home remodeling, gardening, finance, and crime? Who knew he'd be my best friend?

No comments:
Post a Comment