Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Family

All together, the hubby and I have six kids ranging from 20 to 31 in age. Add to that three in-laws, two girlfriends, two grandchildren, and assorted pets, and you have the Stringer/Erwin Clan. It's quite a menagerie. Teachers, students, CPA's, coaches, sports fans (and fanatics), crafters, rock climbers, readers, and writers. Quite a hodgepodge of personalities.



We're what some would call a "blended family". I fail to see the blending. Each member stands out, in his/her own quirky way. When we gather, no one person has the spotlight, but rather it is passed around or shared by many...sometimes at the same time! We love it that way. The blending, I think, comes more in the form of working together to create this unique mixture that we call Our Family. Each one is such a blessing to me!

So, in this new year, I want more family. More together time. More visits. Challenges will be space and time. They are split between two cities: Dallas and Austin. They have lives of their own involving business trips and babies, friends and projects, the daily goings-on of life. All we can do is try.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. so you want more me? :) you still need to come stay at our house sometime - we can go shopping!

    ReplyDelete