Monday, March 28, 2011
Status Update: Serve Others
We have a new addition to our family! Since February, we've been sponsoring a beautiful little Haitian girl through World Vision. I've heard of WV for many years and would feel the occasional tug at my heart when I would see a commercial, but never took it any further.
For those of you who don't know much about WV, it is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. It just takes $35 a month, a little over one dollar a day, to help one child.
Josenaidine is 7 years old and lives with her family in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti. Her community is severely affected by the HIV and AIDS crisis. She loves to read (yea!) and play with dolls. She's a sweet little girl caught in the problems of a complex world. When I first saw her picture, I couldn't take my eyes off that big yellow bow and beautifully sad face. We were hooked! What makes it even sweeter is that we share the same birthday!
I'm trying to hold myself accountable for my New Year Challenges by providing these updates. This one is not very sacrificial, but it's a step. It does count. I hope you'll be interested enough to just explore the WV website and see what it's all about. Maybe you,too, will want to share your love with a child somewhere in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love it. She is just precious.
ReplyDeleteOn another note - super excited to see you this weekend!